Monday, February 15, 2010

Pontoon Pedal Boats Sail Mechanical Engineering / Naval Engineering Question...?

Mechanical engineering / naval engineering question...? - pontoon pedal boats sail

I want to convert my boat in a boat for sale recumbit, if a bicycle on the boat and use a propeller through a shaft. How can I transfer the torque of the bicycle in the vertical plane (like a bicycle wheel spinning) and) the transverse plane (like a propeller?

Could be an effective method of propulsion? The only pedal I have seen boats pontoons are very inefficient in ponds. Why not use more than a ride on a boat propulsion system - a strategy that seems to be little used.

PS - I like rowing, but I hate looking all the time.

1 comments:

redscott... said...

If you need an accessory to a kind of 90-degree bevel gear to change "the direction" with the force of the rotation. If you are not married to the bra, could only paddle wheels mounted on each side of the boat.

Post a Comment