Sunday, February 14, 2010

Paying Taxes On Ex Spouse Military Retirment Divorce And Retirement.... If I Pay The Penalties And Taxes To Pay Off My Ex Spouse, Is She Also Taxed?

Divorce and Retirement.... if I pay the penalties and taxes to pay off my ex spouse, is she also taxed? - paying taxes on ex spouse military retirment

I'm going through a divorce. I told my ex to pay, with 35.5 thousand U.S. dollars worth of my retirement, I have lost my job. I agreed to pay the taxes and penalties for early retirement. Is this as income for them? And be taxed on this at the end of the year?

2 comments:

Max Hoopla said...

If it is a property settlement is not income to her. If it is about food - which must be designed in order to satisfy the rules of the IRS - has its liabilities and deductible from your page. My prediction is that there is a property agreement.

chatspla... said...

Talk to your lawyer. This is the QDRO.
Normally you do not have to pay fines and taxes for early withdrawals, unless their bond between you and your spouse are divided because of the divorce. If the pension fund for it to the left, no problem. If he retires, there are passive effects. It depends on how the property is scheme for the divorce, the characterization of the payment - such as alimony, such as child, separation or retirement accounts. The property tax is not taxable as a rule. Maintenance is tax deductible for you and debt as income to her. Child support is not taxable.

Post a Comment